The new syllabus of the Revamped Papers that are effective from Nov 2014 will be as follows:
Intermediate (IPCC), Group-II, Paper-7A: Information Technology:
The Paper-7 of the IPCC Syllabus, i.e Information Technology has been revamped. Certain topics from the old syllabus have been excluded and few new topics were inserted. The New Chapters that are applicable for Nov 2014 IPCC Exams are listed below:
1. Business Process Management & IT
2. Information Systems and IT Fundamentals
3. Telecommunication and Networks
4. Business Information Systems
5. Business process automation through Application software
CA Final: Information Systems Control and Audit – ISCA
1. Concepts of Governance and Management of Information Systems
2. Information Systems Concepts
3. Protection of Information Systems
4. Business Continuity Planning and Disaster recovery planning
5. Acquisition, Development and Implementation of Information Systems (SDLC)
6. Auditing & Information Systems
7. Information Technology Regulatory issues
8. Emerging Technology:
FINAL GROUP II
PAPER 8 : INDIRECT TAX LAWS
Section A: Central Excise (25 marks)
Section B: Service Tax (50 marks)
Section C: Customs and Foreign Trade Policy (25 marks)
How to Prepare Corporate and Allied Laws
Dear Students, nov 2014
During my interaction with number of students of CA Final on their questions “how to prepare for Corporate and Allied law”, I come across difficulties faced by them. More particularly, what to read, how to read, what are important topics and what kind of language should be used while writing paper. nov 2014
I would like to suggest following points to ponder before you start reading for corporate and allied law: nov 2014
1. Do not ignore the allied law because it is of 30 marks. Most of students decide to read the allied law later on. Allied law is based upon theory. Student should try to understand it. Student can remember it by noting down relevant points.
2. You will find atleast one question each from SEBI Guideline, FEMA and competition Act. These acts are lengthy but do not dare to avoid it. nov 2014
3. Lot of changes and amendment are taking place in provisions of SEBI Guidelines. Keep yourself updated. nov 2014
4. Most of questions from FEMA includes; residential status and current and capital account transaction.
5. Most of students focus on chapters like board of directors, directors and remuneration of directors but last two papers trend show that only 16 marks coverage from same portion. These chapters are very lengthy.
6. You will find one question from interpretation of statute.
7. You should write your answer in technical language so far as possible. As and when necessary, you may quote relevant landmark judgment to support your answer.
8. Do not write paper in one paragraph. Plan your answer and divide your writing in to few paragraph. There is no universal rule for same. The number of paragraph is depend upon subject matter and how you cover points.
9. Select the book or material which gives you coverage but in most simple and compact way because most of students have complaint that they could not complete the reading on last day of exam. Students may refer my latest book – Corporate and allied law – By Pearson Publication. – Author Tejpal Sheth. Book is available on www.flipkart.com, www.pearson.vrvbookshop.com, www.bookadda.com,www.junglee.com,
10. While answering the practical question length of answer is not important but what is important is coverage of required provisions of law. So do not bother about length of your answer.
11. Do not just write yes or no, correct or incorrect while attempting practical question, support your answer with logical reason.
I do hope with these tips, you will be able to prepare subject and for exam in lucid manner. Best wishes. Feel free to contact me for your query or doubt on subject. nov 2014
About Tejpal Sheth: nov 2014
Tejpal Sheth is practicing company secretary at Ahmedabad. He holds Dip in Pharmacy, company secretary and MBA in international Business. He holds certificate in Intellectual Property Rights of World Intellectual Property Organization and cyber law. nov 2014
Mr. Sheth is active educator and trainer. He is visiting faculty with ICAI, ICSI, ICWAI, IIPM, Gujarat University, Gandhinagar Institute of Technology (GIT). Sheth has authored 14 books so far. nov 2014